Wednesday 25 January 2012

Pippa

A few days ago an item came by in the news that reminded me to complain about something (lol). The segment was about the most popular names for baby girls in Flanders in 2011 (big sigh). The list is as follows: 1) Emma, 2) Julie, 3) Lotte, 4) Marie and 5) Elise. Yet the most interesting fact, apparently, was that there was a remarkable surge of one other name: Pippa. And of course Pippa Middleton’s popularity explains the phenomenon.

Now while you are reading this, ask yourself: why do I know Pippa Middleton? (Notice that I’m not even considering the possibility you don’t know her)

That’s right. Pippa Middleton is Kate Middleton’s sister and you know her because of these pictures:

At the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton she made quite an impression, it is said time and again, for wearing a nice dress (some say nicer than the bride’s) and for being, well simply put, a nice-looking girl. Understandable, isn’t it?

I agree, but that’s where it stops for me. What happened after the wedding is sheer insanity.

Some facts. Pippa is photographed somewhere between 300 and 400 times a day (link). Pippa has recently signed a £400,000 deal to write a guide to party planning (link). Pippa’s ass is set to get its own YouTube online series (link). I kid you not.

And why, I ask you?

Why is this Pippa so famous? Does she have a lovely personality? We don’t know. Does she have a nice voice? We don’t know. What are her talents? We don’t know.

Apparently, we don’t know anything about this woman, but she’s world famous nonetheless. At least Paris Hilton has a sex tape and shows her knickers once in a while in some nightclub. But Pippa? The ‘news’ media watchers publish about her is often so boring (Pippa loans Kate’s coat. Pippa goes running a half-marathon), that I seriously suspect Pippa to be boring as well.

Surely it can’t be all explained by the bum, can it? I mean, sure the woman is blessed with a beautiful behind, but let’s be honest, it ain’t that fabulous. Seriously, let’s hand out a weirdly anonymous compliment, but I’ve dated at least three girls who had much better bums than Pippa. In general, I honestly think that many girls and women I know in person are more beautiful than this Pippa character.

So why is she famous? The truth? Pippa is famous for being famous. That’s how weirdly empty we’ve become as a society. And you know what is the weirdest part? 

I’m pretty sure Pippa hates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment